||Bimal Bansi Mody
|Date of Birth:
||May 23rd 1955
S. S. C. I st. Class, 1971. From Bombay University.
Schooling from the St. Xavier's Boy's Academy. Bombay.
F. Y. Science and Inter. Science from the Jai Hind College, Churchgate Bombay.
Inter. Science in 1973. Passed with distinction and secured 81 % marks.
M. B. B. S. From the Seth G. S. Medical College and K. E .M. Hospital, Parel Bombay.
Final MBBS. In October 1977.
M. S. General Surgery. October 1981. From the Seth G.S. Medical College and K E M
Hospital, Parel Bombay.
M. Ch. Plastic Surgery in April 1984. From the Seth G.S. Medical College and K E M
Hospital, Parel Bombay.
Trained in Microvascular ,Cosmetic and Craniofacial Surgery at the
Juntendo University Tokyo Japan under Professor Tange from Feb. - June. 1986.
Attended AO Course for Maxillo Facial Bony Fixation in Delhi 1996.
Part of the team that performed the first successful 4 fingers re-implant in India May 1983
Part of the team that performed the first successful ovarian transplant, in the world, in 2002.
Consecutive posts held from October 1979 onwards. All posts held at the K. E. M.
Hospital Parel. Bombay 12.
||1-4-1979 - 31-8-1979
||1-9-1979 - 29-2-1980
||1-3-1980 - 31-8-1980
||1-9-1980 - 31-8-1981
||1-9-1981 - 31-8-1983
HONORARY PLASTIC SURGEON and Chief of Plastic Surgery at :
P.D. HINDUJA NATIONAL HOSPITAL, MAHIM BOMBAY 14.
Consultant Plastic Surgeon, Jupiter Hospital, Thane
Consultant Plastic Surgeon, Hanumant Hospital, Mahua, Gujarat
P. T. Patel Scholarship for the 3 rd Highest Marks in Science Subjects at the
Inter. Science exams in 1973-74. Bombay University.
- Instructor and Demonstrator in Microsurgery for both Basic and Advanced Courses in Microsurgery at
the IV WORLD CONGRESS on HUMAN REPRODUCTION held at the Wadia Hospital, Nov. 1983. Bombay.
- Demonstrator in Microsurgery at the Indian Microsurgery Society basic and Advanced courses in Bombay 1991.
- Personal experience of 43 Microvascular Re- Implantation's with a overall success rate of 89% Over 85 free Microvascular flaps done for a variety of Indications
- Faculty in the Indian Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery workshop at the Ehicon Institute for Surgical Education from 1996 till today. Trained over 300 Micro surgeons from all over India and abroad.
- Nominated by the Association of Plastic Surgeons of India ETHICON Microsurgery Professor 2005.
- Attended the CME and National Conference of the Association of Plastic Surgeons of India at Abu 1987.
- Attended the National Conference and CME of the A P S I in Pune 1990.
- Attended the National Conference and CME of the A P S I in Mumbai 1992.
- Attended the CME on External Fixation of Bombay Orthopedic Society 1991.
- Attended the First Combined Meeting of the Indian & British Society for Surgery of the Hand in Goa 1991
and presented a paper.
- Member of the Faculty of the Bombay Orthopedic Society and conducted CME on Skin Cover in.
Orthopedics in 1992 and 1993
- Attended CME on External Fixation and Chaired a session , KEM 1991
- Chaired a session in September 1992 APSICON 1992
- Conducted CME on Re- Implantation for the IMA Aurangabad in 1992
- Conducted CME on Ptosis for the Aurangabad Ophthalmic Society in May 1994.
- Attended the Indian Society for the Hand Annual Conference and CME in 1994 and presented papers
- Faculty of Cadaveric Flap dissection workshop , ISRM August 1996
- Attended AO Course for Maxillo Facial Bony Fixation in Delhi 1996
- Attended ISRM conference August 1996
- Attended Course on Laser Surgery Conducted by the Tata Memorial Hospital Bombay.1997
- Attended the BAICON 1997 Mumbai
- Attended the National Update on clefts, conference NUCC 1998
- Elected Treasurer Association of Plastic surgeons of India in, Goa 1999
- Conducted CME at the Ghatkopat IMA on Cosmetic Surgery in the new millennium
- Attended course on facial rejuvenation IAAPS, Delhi Dec 2000
- Conducted CME on soft tissue cover at ASSICON Jan 2000 Mumbai
- Attended the ISSH conference 2001 Mumbai
- Chaired a session at the Indian Association of Aesthetic Plastic surgeons, Dec. 2000 Delhi.
- Chaired a session at the ISRM Conference 2002. Mumbai
- Attended the Cleft lip and Cranio- facial anomalies Workshop. March 2002.
- Conducted CME for the Mulund IMA on Eyelid injuries and their management. Nov. 2002
- Attended Facial Rejuvenation course Jan 2003
- Attended the First national Workshop on free flap harvest Hyderabad, June 2003
- Attended the Breast Conservation workshop at Tata Memorial Hospital, Oct. 2003.
- Conducted CME at the Indian Society of Critical Care medicine, Feb 2004
- Chaired a Session of breast reconstruction at VIII National Conference of the Breast cancer Foundation,
- Conducted lectures and CME for ALTS on Burns management from 1999 till date
- Chaired sessions at consecutive APSICON’s from 1999 till 2006.
- Re Elected treasurer APSI in 2002
- Faculty of PG Instructional Course on Office Dematosurgery at Bombay Hospital, March 2004
- Selected Ethicon Microsurgery Professor for the year 2004-05 , at APSICON
- Chaired a Symposium “ How I do It” at Jalgaon, MAPSICON, Jan 2005
- Faculty on “Wound Care” Symposium at Nanded, MASICON Feb5th
- Faculty for International Conference on Multi Disciplinary approach to patient care 20th Feb. 2005 Mumbai
- Conducted CME for Derma Club 27th Feb 2005, on Cosmetic Surgery in Mumbai.
- Faculty for Genital reconstruction at KGMS Lucknow April 2005
- Chaired a session on Microsurgery at APSICON 2005
- Guest faculty Workshop on Surgery of the Breast Nov.6th 2005 New Delhi
- Attended Update on Cosmetic surgery at Bombay Hospital Feb 2006
- Attended intensive 5 days laser workshop in Pune conducted by Dr S Pandit May 2006
- Conducted workshop on Osmotic Tissue expanders Jan 2007 at Hinduja
- Conducted CME in Burns at the NABICON 2007.
- Conducted CME on Aesthetic surgery and How I do it at AFMC Pune Jan 2007.
- Conducted Course on Facial Nerve Reconstruction with Lecture and Operative at Hinduja July 2007
- Chaired a session at the Goa meeting of the Asia Pacific meeting of the Cleft Lip and Craniofacial
Deformities meet, September 2007.
- Conducted Course on CME on Methods of Skin Cover 9th September 2007. Hinduja Hospital
- Conducted Workshop on Thread lift in Hinduja Hospital, Mumbai for Plastic
surgeons Nov. 28th 2007.
- Chaired session of Aesthetic Surgery APSICON 2007, NDA Pune.
- Conducted Camp for Rotary International in Nasik, Dec. 2007.
- Attended International Perforator flap course 10th - 14th September 2008, Coimbatore
- Chaired Session in APSICCON 2008, Benares Nov. 14th 2008
- Faculty of the Cadaver Dissection Workshop, Nair Hospital, December 2009
- Chaired a session in IPRAS , New Delhi . Dec 2009
- Co – Editor of the Abstracts of 15th World Congress of the International Confederation
of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery New Delhi , Dec 2009
- Faculty of the CME in KEM on Breast Aesthetic Surgery , July 2010
- Chaired a Session and Chairman Organizing Committee APSICON 2010
- Oration in Tata Memorial Centre in Breast Reconstruction in ONCORECON 2010, Dec 2101.
- CME on Recent Trends in Plastic Surgery 27th Dec 2010, Hinduja Hospital
- Held CME in AhmedNagar Medical association October 2011
- Invited Speaker at Golden Jubilee Cerebrations of KEM Plastic Surgery Dept. Dec 3rd 2011
- Chairman Scientific Committee ISRM Conference Aurangagabad Jan 2012
- Chaired a Session in ISRM 2012, Aurangabad Jan 2012.
- Faculty for Recon. Trunk and Genitalia TNMC Feb 2012
- Faculty for Flap Dissection Workshop TNMC Dec. 2012
- Chaired a session in Maharashtra Asso. Of Plastic Surgeons. Lavasa 10 Feb 2013
- CME in Cancer Update on Breast reconstruction , 15th Feb 2013, Hinduja Hospital.
- Invited Faculty on Sternal wound management in IACSTON 2013. Feb 17th Mumbai
- Management of Hepatocellular Carcinoma - a study of 30 cases. Quarterly Journal of Surgery. DEC 1982
- Multicentric Glomus tumour of the Stomach. Journal of Post Graduate Medicine April 1982.
- Evaluation of Centbucridine as a Local Anesthetic. Anaesthesia Analgesia 1983 62: 109-11.
- Publications of Diagnostic Charts of a variety of surgical topics like Burns etc. for Unichem Laboratories.
- Scar revision is an useless operation, IJPS 2004
- Wrote a chapter in “ Principles and Practice of OBSTRETICS AND GYNAECOLOGY”, 3rdEdition , 918, 2007.
- Augmentation Auroplasty. At the APSICON 1992.
- Liposuction for the closure of Medial thigh defects APSICON 1992.
- Re-implantation for Avulsed Digits a t the First Combined Meeting of the Indian and British Society for Surgery of the Hand. 1991. Goa India
- Our Microsurgery Experience at the St. Jude Hospital , Wassanar , Amsterdam 1997.
- Surgical Correction of Ptosis at the Aurangabad Ophthalmic Association
- Acute Push back of the Premaxilla APSICON 2002
- Difficult and Delayed Reimplantation IRSM Feb. 2002
Reviewer since 2005 for the Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery
- Indian Medical Association.
- Association of Surgeons of India.
- Association of Plastic Surgeons of India.
- Indian Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Indian Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery
- Association of Medical Consultants.
- Cleft Lip and Palate Society
- Member Cosmetology Society of India
- Member of the Aesthetic Surgeons of India
- Honorary Surgeon at the Sarvodaya hospital, Ghatkopar (W). Bombay from 1984 to 1989.
- Visiting Reconstructive Surgeon at the Vimla Dermatological Center, Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri 1984 to 1988.
- Visiting Plastic Surgeon at the Talwada Rotary Eye Hospital.
- Visiting Plastic Surgeon, Jupiter Hospital Thane.
- Visiting Plastic surgeon Hanumant Hospital Gujarat.
Extra Curricular Activities:
- Represented Jai Hind College in Inter College Tennis Tournament in 1972.
- Represented and was the Captain of the Seth G.S. Medical College Tennis Team from 1973 to 1978.
- Hon Secretary for tennis at the Seth. G. S. Medical College. 1975.
- Represented Seth G.S. Medical College in the V All India Inter Medical Tennis and Badminton Tournament
held in New Delhi 1976-1977.
- Held Operative and Diagnostic Medical Camps at Aurangabad, Pune and Botad.
- Held Plastic Surgery operative camps at Malegoan and Nagpur, Raipur Chattisghad.
- Rotary Plastic surgery operative camps in Devlali every year since 2006.
Courses Organized and Conducted:
- CME for Skin cover in Orthopedics for the Bombay Orthopedic Society 1992 and 1993.
- Cadaveric Flap Dissections for the Indian Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery 1996
- Faculty in the Microsurgery "Hands On' 5 days Workshop at the Johnson and
Johnson Institute for Microsurgery, Mumbai 1996 till date- over 300 surgeonstrained
Organizing Secretary Indian Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery Conference Bombay 1996
- Hon. Secretary Indian Microsurgery Society 1993 to 1996 Organizing Secretary APSICON 99 Goa.
- Treasurer 9th Asian Pacific Congress of the IPRAS , Mumbai March 2005
- Organized the APSI sponsored Hands on Microsurgery Course at EISE Jan 2007.
- Conducted course in P D Hinduja national hospital on Absorbable Thread Lift , Jan 2008
- Faculty for the IPRAS International Conference and Co – Editor of the Abstracts. Dec. 2009